Outdoor Matters (“We”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed, used and stored securely.
Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this our services, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
We may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes.
What We Collect
We may collect the following information:
- Name and date of birth
- Personal Contact information including e-mail and postal address
- Important medical information relevant to course/activity booked
- Emergency contact information
What We Do with the Information We Gather
We require this information to understand your needs, provide you with a better service and protect your health and wellbeing in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping and processing of bookings, it is a requirement of our insurers that we collect and keep a “medical disclaimer” from each participant.
- Ensure all attendees are physically fit and able to undertake the course activity.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect.
Controlling Your Personal Information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- We will not send unsolicited e-mails, but may be in touch to catch up and offer information which we think you may find interesting
- In line with the statute of limitation for personal injury claims data will be retained for a minimum of 3 years for adults and until the age of 21 with children. E-mail addresses may be retained for marketing purposes after that date if you’ve opted in to receiving our promotional information
- If you no longer wish to have any contact with us then you can do so but emailing us at email@example.com
- We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we are required by law to do so.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to us at 11 Clydach Road, Craig Cefn Parc or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.